Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Come rummage with me...

It was a great weekend for finding good bargains at the local rummage sales. I found all this stuff and more. A great yellow and brown plaid cooler..so cool! A pink Ginny doll wardrobe full of Ginny clothes and accesories, an old wire grocery basket.
A miniature Stetson hat box with a mini hat in side, a tin replica wringer washer (not old) , advertising mirror, ironstone pitcher, enamel pot, small round suitcase.

One of my best finds was this 2 piece Western stoneware water cooler. White pottery basket and a small McCoy planter. Vintage bird theme juice glasses. The wire thing with all the rings is a fruit holder but wouldn't it look great with a display of old baseballs or croquet balls?
This old woodburned box and adorable Fenton chick.

And this beautiful Dresden plate....I'm not really into glassware or dishes, I just buy what I like, so this plate with roses caught my eye.
All these treasures are now for sale in my shop, Serendipity Antiques.

2 comments:

summersundays-jw said...

Is there anything better then pulling up at a garage sale & seeing something great just waiting for you? Looks like you found some great treasures. We had fall open house this weekend so small things were really picked over so I got to have today to garage sale. Of course, I only found big things. Jan

A Wild Thing said...

Boy, girl you really scored...hey, thanks for stoppin' by the blog, sweet comment, wish my daughter would say that, she's more like me than she thinks...ha, wait till she's my age...the fun begins.

I love the thrill of the hunt, have always wanted to go to the Oronoco show, havn't made it yet. Will wait till after the election to see how the economy goes after regime change...hope it gets better. We had a really good July/August, inspite of the flooding, Sept. has been slow, but we have an open house at Sisters' this weekend, so hopefully they will buy big!

I'll be back...
sharon