Sunday, July 13, 2008

Summer Arts Festival

I loved this old chest of little drawers...to expensive for me though.
Vintage toy cars....love the Donald Duck!
Lots of nice furniture and glassware.
My kind of treasure!
I was thrilled to find this box of vintage shaving brushes. I saw a picture of these displayed along a bathroom window ledge on the Barn House Blog and a new obsession was born. I had to have my own collection, this was to easy! I bought five of them. I especially love the one with the glass handle....they look great in my bathroom window.

Saturday I went to the summer arts festival in Brookings SD. It's an annual event I look forward to every year. It draws artists and crowds from all over the US. I love the crowds, the wonderful artists displaying their work, the live entertainment, the great fair food and my favorite part , the flea market where they have antique dealers selling their treasures. This year, for whatever reason, the number of antique booths were down. I still enjoyed looking and even managed to take home a few treasures. If you are ever in the area, the arts festival is held every year the first weekend after the 4th of July, in Brookings, South Dakota.

No comments: